Monday, January 13, 2014

Topsy-Turvey Poems

I am pretty sure that my students hate that I like poetry.  And more that that I like making them write poetry because I think it is good for them to think creatively and individually.  More than that, it shows that there is more to English than rules and grammar.  I feel like it helps them use the language in a realistic way.

So I had my winter camp girls write sentences using a magnetic poetry-like exercise.  Then I made them use their sentences to make poems as a team.  Here they are:

Doctor
Doctor sees gold
Doctor is angel
Angel is gold
So gold is doctor.


Love
If love finish
We act without purpose
with desperation
but
we overcome sadness


Topsy-Turvy Poem
Learning is success
Success is freedom
Freedom saved the war

Books make good man
The man is wise more than other human

Privilege make others think
The violent privileges never change others.


And the last one played a little fast and loose with the guidelines of the activity, but the result is astounding!

Untitled
You can't forgive the man isn't you?
Someday, sometime
You had opportunity of happiness

Angel has eternity
But not the peoples.
Poor angel
Your love is eternal, but
his love is joy

Yes, I know you can't forgive the man
Ii know what will you say
"I wish you keep sorrow all the time."
What a poor, stupid angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment