Sunday, July 6, 2014

EPIK 365 Day 286: Dream Eye Center

This week's adventures in Seoul took me to the Dream Eye Center in Gangnam.  There's also a clinic in Myeongdong, but since the Gangnam location is closer to the bus station…and generally the streets are insanely crowded in Myeongdong…I chose the Gangnam location.  I've been thinking about laser eye surgery for some time and since I needed at least an eye exam, I thought I'd go see what it's all about.

It is a NICE clinic.  Everything is super clean, with free wifi, and they have a wonderful English-speaking staff.  They even have computers you can use and a little coffee bar so you can have drink while you wait.



 The eye exam itself is very thorough.  And your consultant/case worker is very knowledgeable. I actually feel quite reassured about what the surgery entails.  I am waiting for DNA test results to come back…they test for…something…that disqualifies you from surgery…but provided that everything comes back ok, I will be having the procedure done.

Anyway, after the exam…with eyes numbed and dilated...I proceeded to do my best Ghandi-impersonation and wander the streets of Gangnam blind. Ok, I was assured that the numbness would wear off in 5 minutes, but my eyes would be dilated most of the day, but would be ok except for near vision fairly quickly.  And, yes, that's totally how it happened.  So I wandered to the big Kyobo book store and bought Korean cookbooks (in English).

If things work out, I'll post a more in-depth blog about my surgery.  But, if you are interested, Dream Eye Center Gangnam Location:

Take the Line 2 (the Green line) to Gangnam Station.  Take exit 1, at the top of the stairs, turn 180 degrees and walk to the corner.  It's on the 14th floor of the building on the corner…do not cross the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment