Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thursday Trivia: KPop versus KIndie

I'm really not a Kpop fan...there I've said it.

A lot of the reason is because (in my opinion...Kpop lovers, just my opinion) there is not much middle ground.  This girls all look like this:



And the boys all look like this:




With the notable exception of Psy.  Not to mention Kpop "bands" are a dime a dozen.  I can name 20 or so just off the top of my head and I'm not a fan.


But to be fair, it's fun.  It is bright, it's peppy, it's visually stunning...I mean, it's appealing...it's just not my cup of tea.

I'm more a KIndie girl...which really doesn't say all that much since anything that is not labeled "Kpop" is considered KIndie.

Anyway, this kid caught my ear...Cho Hyung Woo.  He has a nice clear voice and the song is sweet and less, uh, "poppy" sounding. 



And an actual rock band (Reflex)...which I've had the pleasure of seeing perform live.





Edited: October 21, 2014
I was told the video links were not working so I replaced the videos with pictures.  Maybe I can get some videos up for a Media Monday sometime.

1 comment: