Saturday, October 26, 2013

Birthday Blog


What has two thumbs and can have an amazing birthday experience on a Monday...during a business trip?

 

This girl!

 

This past Monday was my birthday...so I was so excited to get to have a Korean birthday until I realized I was expected in Seoul for an orientation seminar.  I did kinda want my first Seoul adventure to be a little more exciting than that, but not the type to just let life happen I decided to make the best of it.  So, Monday night I hit the streets of Seoul with some of my new friends.

 

Apparently the theme of the party was “Homelessness.”

 

We headed to the Myeongdong area of Seoul, which is a glitzy, shopper’s paradise.  Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, was shiny and/or cute.  We passed a man selling makggeolli, rice wine, in the streets and we bought a couple of bottles to celebrate.  So, now we take off down the street with two bottles of wine in tow.  How New Orleans is that?  Or Beale Street?  Memphis, Tennessee, REPRESENT! 

 

Unfortunately, we had a curfew at the seminar, so we grabbed a Paris Baguette cake and headed back to the dorms.  We had cake in the dorms with some of the orientation guides (or OGs, as I called them) and others at the seminar.  Doesn’t sound like much, but I loved it!  And I love all the wonderful people that went out of their way to make sure I got a proper birthday celebration!  Truly, this is a special breed of people!

 

What else happened this week?

 

I took a taekwondo lesson and, heck yeah, I broke a board!  (I am small but mighty!)  AND...I sang at a noraebang.  Clearly, I am a girl with many talents.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment